I am so proud to be participating in this project. I was a little hesitant at first just like anyone would be posting pictures of your non glorious self all over the Internet! However, I was really pleased with how this project turned out. I’m proud of the woman I’ve become. I’m proud of the challenges I’ve faced and that I’ve endured because I know that it has contributed to my beauty. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and the beholder is you!
I am Brave and Beautiful – a beauty movement that is sweeping the globe. Colbie Caillat started it with her recent song and video called TRY. My blogging friend Megan of Brassy Apple wanted to push this movement along and invited women from all over to share what they looked like without make up and I joined in!! Colbie’s song says, “Take your make up off. Let your hair down… Look into the mirror at yourself, Do you like you? Cause I like you… “
Megan and her friend Cobi of Peacefrom6pieces have been the team behind this whole project. Their worldwide vision included creating their own video inspired by the song TRY. The talent of Robbins Creative made it possible for them to pull it off. You have to click play and see the beauty and bravery displayed and you might even recognize a few faces in there.
Me along with 101+ other blogging women from different backgrounds, religions, ethnicities, ages, shapes and sizes have decided to be Brave and Beautiful! You can join in this movement too by sharing what you look like without makeup on. You don’t need a blog either! Just tag your photo with #IamBraveAndBeautiful on Instgram and search the hashtag to see who else has joined in. ALSO, if you tag it with a second hashtag – #ColbieTRY we just might be able to get Colbie Caillat’s attention since she was the inspiration behind it all!
Are you brave and beautiful? I am, here I go!
I am brave and I am beautiful. We all submitted photos of us in makeup and then the challenge is for us to post photos of us with no makeup. This is supposed to empower me? In a way I feel more empowered in the full makeup shot because most days I look like the no makeup shot. I hardly ever wear makeup except for special occasions or if I’m feeling like 1000% awesome (that’s not very often).
For me to feel awesome takes a lot because of my Fibromyalgia. First thing in the morning I have to make sure and get my medicine in me or by noon I will feel like a stiff board, I won’t be able to function and it will affect me for 2 days. I have to remember my meds at night to. Ugh, medicine…it makes me feel ugly, old, just plain unhealthy which is what I am. I am completely unhealthy. While I know that I cannot be cured of Fibromyalgia, I can for sure do more things to bring calm some of the symptoms.
Ever since blogging, there has been a complete turn around in my life. I’m going places, doing things and pushing myself. I feel like I have myself back, I feel good and when I feel good – that is when I feel beautiful. It’s not the makeup that I need, though it does help boost some ego I’ve got in me that comes up once in a while. When I’m feeling healthy, I can accomplish anything and do everything and I feel I have nothing holding me back.
To me being beautiful has nothing to do with looks. I always tell my husband that fat people need love too. When my son tells me about girls who have crushes on them and they don’t like them back – I always say to treat them always with respect and to never be rude even though you may not think they are pretty on the outside, they may be pretty on the inside. If we just only look at the exterior of people, we will never know the true beauty or ugliness of them. Always give people a chance, always look for the good, always be someones friend. It’s the least someone deserves and to me that is what being Brave and Beautiful is, not a face with makeup.
For me, I know that I can live in confidence that I am beautiful because I live in a supportive environment with a husband who tells me that, and that is important. But, the most important part is that you know it for yourself because there will be days that you’re not told or reminded and you have to tell it to yourself. You have to know that your heart is beautiful and that it’s not always what’s on the exterior that counts. For some people that is what only matters to them and it’s something to work past. When you have confidence then you don’t need to worry about it.
A good sense of humor also helps a lot too. I love joking about my curves. I know I don’t have a bangin’ body and I don’t ever expect to. If I look at my Mother and Grandmothers, I do not stand a chance, ever! My kids told me that the back of my knees look like butts and that I have melting boobs. Seriously kids, I’d love to hear what you have to say about it when you’re older and figure out that one of you made my body look that way. They also love to separate my belly roll to find my belly button. It’s just life and I’m not embarrassed, I really think it’s quite funny. They think it’s funny. It’s a way that they can learn every body is different and everyone has different body types.
I hope that you’re able to learn something from my beauty post and really learn what your true beauty is and love yourself. In the end, maybe you feel this is selfish, but your opinion of yourself is the only one that matters. It is not selfish, it’s the truth. I will have to say at the end of writing this I feel very empowered and I love that we were challenged to write these posts and take those pictures!
Thanks so much for stopping by! XOXO,
Don’t stop here. Get clicking around – its a blog hop! Below are more brave and beautiful women bearing more than their natural beauty. They each have a little bit of their heart to share with you. Some get very personal. Some share stories. For some this was very hard to do yet they gathered their courage and did it anyway. We hope as you click around (and YES pin these different posts!) you will feel the importance of it, the empowering effect it has and that it encourages you in some way.
>>>>>>>Important info! Blog Hops often have glitches the first day. If the link has an ERROR, simply click on the HOME button for each site, or google the blog name next to the link, and you should see their brave and beautiful post there. Links will be updated as soon as possible.<<<<<<<<<<<<
1. BrassyApple 2. Peace from 6 Pieces 3. Is this Really My Life 4. Among the Young 5. Love Me Dani Marie 6. Sweet Charli 7. Kim Orlandini 8. XO, Ashton Tilton 9. She Calls Me Mama Leisha 10. Raising Memories – Canada 11. A Little Tipsy 12. Amy Cornwell 13. A girl and a glue gun 14. My Craftily Ever After 15. Maybe I Will 16. WhipperBerry 17. Paging SuperMom 18. All Things Thrifty 19. Ashlee Marie 20. The Project Girl
21. One Little Momma 22. Entirely Eventful Day 23. Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl 24. Tips from a Typical Mom 25. Utah Sweet Savings 26. Flats to Flip Flops 27. One Krieger Chick 28. What Meegan Makes 29. Simply Kierste 30. Live to be Inspired 31. HoneyBear Lane 32. Pretty Providence 33. Ma Nouvelle Mode – in FRANCE 34. MomEntity 35. Serger Pepper – in ITALY 36. Kiki and Company 37. Girl Loves Glam 38. Thrive
39. The Potters Place 40. Crafting in the Rain 41. Cooking With Ruthie 42. Delineate Your Dwelling 43. The Pennington Point 44. Bakerette 45. The Happy Scraps 46. Shannon Baird Photography 47. Tried and Tasty 48. Lionesses at the Gate 49. Fry Sauce and Grits 50. Lolly Jane 51. That’s What Che Said 52. Sugar Bee Crafts 53. Your HomeBased Mom 54. Happiness is Homemade 55. The Crafted Sparrow 56. R&R Workshop 57. I Should Be Mopping the Floor 58. Sassy Steals
59. Let’s Eat Grandpa 60. Being Spiffy 61. Sumo’s Sweet Stuff 62. Ginger Snap Crafts 63. Bless This Mess 64. Apronista 65. Dreaming About Someday 66. Frenchie 67. Tastefully Frugal 68. Four Marrs and One Venus 69. Your Sister Circle 70. Over the Big Moon 71. See Vanessa Craft 72. Infarrantly Creative 73. Family StoryTelling
74. Albion Gould 75. Life as Mrs. Larson 76. Tried and True 77. Play.Party.Pin. 78. Bite of Delight 79. Ink Happi 80. ObSEUSSed 81. U Create 82. My Mommy Style 83. Find it Make it Love it 84. The Contractor Chronicles 85. Novae Clothing 86. Mommy Makes Things 87. At Home with Sweet T 88. We Like to Learn As We Go 89. House for Five 90. Organize and Decorate Everything 91. Sassy Southern Gurl 92. The Creative Mom 93. Keep Moving Forward with Me
94. The Benson Street 95. Mom 4 Real 96. Sowdering About 97. illistyle 98. The Crafty Blog Stalker 99. A Fiery Red Life 100. Cupcakes & Crowbars 101. One Sweet Appetite 102. My DayLights 103. Restless Risa
104. Sypsie Designs 105. Vintage Mother 106. Like Mother Like Daughter 107. 30 Handmade Days 108. Queen Bee and Me 109. Apples by Ashley 110. Boutique Cafe – in CANADA 111. Just My Little Mess 112. Bombshell Bling 113. Sarah Tyau 114. Taradara Make it 115. Capturing Joy 116. Ivory Lime Photography 117. Jenkins Kids Farm 118. Free Time Frolics 119. Bella Storia 120. Dana Ohlsen Photography
Also follow our Bravery and Beauty PINTEREST board for more inspiration!